Tuesday, December 2, 2014

AU2014 Day 0 - Takeaways

A few takeaways from the Computational BIM and Infrastructure Symposium pre-conference events.

1. Wear comfortable shoes folks! I accumulated two hours and thirty three minutes of walking time, or 15,834 steps. My shoes aren't quite as comfortable as they could be and I'm feeling it...

2. I can't even imagine trying to stand up a BIM program for something like London's tube system. Over 150 yrs old, Victorian era construction... Exciting and terrifying, Will Harkney has my sympathies.

3. After almost five years of involvement with the DIA Hotel and Transit Center project and DIA's BIM program I take the project a bit for granted as far as how exciting and groundbreaking what our airport is doing. Events like this, and and hearing about other airports or facilities and their efforts really drives that home.

4. Dynamo is really, really exciting. The stuff we did in the Computational BIM session makes the whole trip worthwhile. My inner designer has fallen in love.

5. As exciting as what you can do with Dynamo is from a design and modeling perspective, it pales in comparison to its potential for owners and asset management. Data. Data. Data.

And this is before the conference officially kicks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment